Outsourcing IT services is the most commonly outsourced business operation worldwide.
The global IT outsourcing market is valued at $526 billion, accounting for 77.75% of the entire IT market. According to a survey by Deloitte, 76% of managers indicated that they outsource IT services to external companies. The statistics are promising, but what's even more interesting is that many large and well-known companies successfully leverage IT outsourcing, attributing part of their success to external providers. Thanks to outsourcing, both small and large companies can expand their IT teams, create and implement new solutions, and digitize their processes much faster and more efficiently. One of the main challenges companies face is acquiring and retaining IT experts. According to Deloitte's study, 50% of managers mentioned talent acquisition as the main challenge they currently face. It's not surprising that more and more companies are turning to outsourcing workers or entire IT teams.
Here are the six main reasons:
• Access to IT specialists: Companies gain access to qualified IT specialists with specific knowledge and skills that they may not have in their internal teams. The company receives selected experts dedicated solely to its projects.
• Cost reduction: Recruiting and hiring new IT employees is time-consuming and costly.
• Faster project development: Companies can quickly respond to changing project needs and rapidly expand their IT teams.
• Time and resource savings: The process of recruiting and hiring new IT employees is time-consuming. By using the services of an external company, significant time and resources can be saved.
• Focus on key tasks: Companies can concentrate on their key tasks and projects, while external providers handle the recruitment, implementation, and management of human resources.
• Employment flexibility: An outsourcing agreement can be easily tailored to the specific needs of the company.
Outsourcing is a solution that fits any company, whether they are tech giants or startups.
To give you an idea of how we can help your company, we wanted to share a recent case study with you.
An Israeli fintech reached out to us when it has experienced quick international growth. The biggest challenge was to hire the right IT specialists in a very short notice. Within 1 month we onboarded 6 software developers. After 3 months we set an office in Warsaw (at the beginning we offered our workplace). 9 months later the company had 4 developers teams in Poland (+32 people).
While we continue to hire new personnel, this merely scratches the surface of our client-focused activities. Our primary role is to serve as a back office, supporting clients operations and providing essential services so they didn’t need to build operational structure in Poland. All HR and administration functions were on speedapp side: payroll, taxes, onboarding process, managing legal & security paperwork, soft HR, competitive benefits, office space and more.
This project is a great example of how our services can assist you in establishing an R&D site in Poland, taking full advantage of the vast talent pool of skilled software developers from across the globe.
Sources: Global IT Professional Services Market Size Report, 2030
Deloitte Global Outsourcing Survey 2022.